Ren's Ramblings & Writings

Contemplations on things tangible and intangible

Saturday, September 1, 2012

email to RNC delegate Mark Harris (Snyder County, PA) re: RNC Delegate Offended By Presence of ‘Mexican’ At Disney’s Epcot Center

 Mr. Harris and/or his wife posted this on their blog:


 Their blog is found at
http://rockstargop.wordpress.com/2012/08/29/offended-at-epcot/

 I originally saw the following article on the matter:
http://thinkprogress.org/election/2012/08/31/781511/rnc-delegate-offended-by-presence-of-mexican-at-disneys-epcot-center

Here is the email I sent to them directly:



Mr. Harris,
I am thoroughly disgusted with your overt racism.  I've been told that this country is not truly a melting pot, since we are in many ways, separated by economic status, culture, religion, and race. Never the less, All peoples of all cultures, religions and races and belief systems make up this country.  Live and let live.

Leviticus 19:33-34
“When an alien lives with you in your land, do not mistreat him.  The alien living with you must be treated as one of your native-born. Love him as yourself, for you were aliens in Egypt. I am the Lord your God. 

end of the Poem on Statue of Liberty:
. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

hate-mongering perpetuates hate, and you should know that YOU are the immigrant, since white, bigoted European males were NOT the first to inhabit the United States. People like you are what detract from America's greatness.  I hope your constituents fire you.

Rev. Renée Lynn Ten Eyck
Fountain, Colorado


No comments:

Post a Comment